Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lame stuff old people (and me) talk about

So I haven't written anything in a while because when you are in the midst of a ceaseless illness that you down right refuse to see anyone in the medical profession about, you don't really feel like sharing. Well today, my friends, I put on my big girl panties and when to see the gastroenterologist. And was, in turn, awarded with the chance to down a gallon worth of fluid that tastes like "unsweetened Gatorade" but not before I remain on a liquid diet for the day and then wait, without food or water, the following day to have a probe inserted in my rectum at 1:00 in the afternoon. Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?

Between this, the never-ending winter, my almost 8 year old who can never seem to remember anything we ask him to do, and my demanding 2 year old, I need a vacation. Or a bottle of tequila and a Vicodin. Or maybe just Spring. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment